- Only visiting (Fee-paying) students are eligible to apply for scholarships.
(Exchange students for summer pay their tuition fee to the home university and are not eligible for scholarship)
- Applicants who received admission should mark desired scholarships on their application and submit required documents via email email@example.com to be considered for the scholarships. (Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim, Yonsei Alumni Scholarships and Re-Enrollent Benefit)
- The total scholarship amount cannot surpass the students’ tuition fee amount.
** Early Bird Promotion **
- 1. Benefits: 10% off from tuition fee + early course registration
- 2. Eligibility
- To apply for YISS(online application submitted + application fee paid) by March 16
- and complete enrollment(admission offer given+ tuition fee payment done) by March 30
Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim Scholarship
Learn more about Dr. Kim Suk-Hi, the founder of the scholarship [CLICK]
- A need-based scholarship: Tuition support KRW 1,000,000 & Housing fee KRW 900,000
- Scholarship Result Announcement: July 14 via email (only successful applicants will be contacted via email)
※ Only those students taking more than 2 courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- 1. A Kim Suk-Hi and Do Sim Scholarship application form (online)
- 2. Parents' income Tax Statement for the year 2022
- 3. A personal statement explaining the necessity for scholarship assistance (no template is provided)
- 4. Two recommendation letters from professors or instructors
Yonsei Alumni Scholarship
Alumni Scholarship : Students whose parents are graduates of Yonsei University
1 course - KRW 200,000 / 2 courses: KRW 300,000 / 3 courses: KRW 400,000
Required Documents (Email submission by May 25)
- 1. Certificate of Graduation from Yonsei University
- 2. Proof of Kinship (Birth Certificate, Family Registry, etc.)
* Late submission is not accepted.
Re-Enrollment Benefit : KRW 100,000
All students who already have participated in YISS or WAY program in the past can enjoy a benefit of KRW 100,000 discount, and it will be deducted from the tuition fee. In order for this benefit to be applied, applicants should inform YISS office by email when admission offer is given.
- Re-enrolling students must notify YISS office of re-enrollment information(past student ID, email address, etc that you can be identified with) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) upon admission offer given. The notification deadline is by May 25, and no later notification is not accepted.
APRU & AEARU Associate University Scholarship
APRU & AEARU Scholarship : KRW 100,000
All students who are enrolled in the APRU and AEARU associate university will receive the APRU & AEARU Scholarship automatically.
Applications must be complete with online application and application fee.
The APRU & AEARU Scholarship (KRW 100,000) will be applied on your tuition fee as fee deduction.
Scholastic Awards (Given after the program is over)
KRW 600,000(For students who take 2 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
KRW 1,200,000(For students who take 3 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
- Students who meet the above requirement will be contacted via email in late August after the program ends.
- Internship is not counted as a course here as it is based on the letter graded.
- Exchange students are not eligible for this scholarship