- Only visiting (Fee-paying) students are eligible to apply for scholarships.
(Exchange students for summer pay their tuition fee to the home university and are not eligible for scholarship)
- Applicants who received admission should mark desired scholarships on their application and submit required documents via email email@example.com to be considered for the scholarships. (Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim, Yonsei Alumni Scholarships and Re-Enrollent Benefit)
- The total scholarship amount cannot surpass the students’ tuition fee amount.
Early Bird Reward
Early Bird Reward : KRW 300,000 + Chance to participate in 1st Course Registration (exclusive for Early Bird Reward recipients only)
All students who enroll (complete the full tuition fee payment) by April 22nd will be eligible to receive the KRW 300,000 Early Bird Reward (deduction in the tuition fee). In addition, only these students will be able to participate in the 1st Course Enrollment in late April.
- All students who enroll (complete the full tuition fee payment) by April 22 will receive KRW 300,000 of Early Bird Reward.(It will be automatically deducted from the tuition by April 22)
- In addition, 1st Course Registration chance will be exclusively given to Early Bird Reward recipients (April 28th ~ 29th).
- Early Bird Reward and Re-enrollment benefits CANNOT be duplicated.
Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim Scholarship
Learn more about Dr. Kim Suk-Hi, the founder of the scholarship [CLICK]
- A need-based scholarship: Tuition support KRW 1,000,000 & Housing fee KRW 900,000
- Scholarship Result Announcement: July 15th
※ Only those students taking more than 2 courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- 1. A Kim Suk-Hi and Do Sim Scholarship application form (online)
- 2. Parents' income Tax Statement for the year 2021
- 3. A personal statement explaining the necessity for scholarship assistance
- 4. Two recommendation letters from professors or instructors
Yonsei Alumni Scholarship
Alumni Scholarship : Students whose parents are graduates of Yonsei University
1 course - KRW 200,000 / 2 courses: KRW 300,000 / 3 courses: KRW 400,000
- 1. (parents') Certificate of Graduation
- 2. Certificate of kinship
Re-Enrollment Benefit : KRW 200,000
All students who already have participated in YISS or WAY program in the past will receive a benefit of KRW 200,000 and it will be deducted from your tuition fee. Please inform our office after submitting your application. Your tuition with application fee deduction will be applied after receiving a final approval from YISS office.
- Re-enrolling students must send an informing email to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your re-enrollment status in advance.
- Please be Informed that Early Bird Reward and Re-enrollment benefits CANNOT be duplicated.
APRU & AEARU Associate University Scholarship
APRU & AEARU Scholarship : KRW 100,000
All students who are enrolled in the APRU and AEARU associate university will receive the APRU & AEARU Scholarship automatically.
Applications must be complete with online application and application fee.
The APRU & AEARU Scholarship (KRW 100,000) will be applied on your tuition fee as fee deduction.
Scholastic Awards (Given after the program is over)
KRW 600,000(For students who take 2 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
KRW 1,200,000(For students who take 3 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
- Scholarship awardees will be selected from the successful candidates based on their academic records at YISS.
- Please refer to the above requirements by number of courses taken.
- Exchange students for summer and internship participants are not considered for this scholarship.
- Please note that scholarships will be presented to the bank account which students provide to YISS in September, 2022. This is because final grades will be confirmed mid August after the grade check & correction period ends.
- Students taking the Korean Summer Internship Course cannot receive the scholastic awards since a letter grade will not be given.