Dr. Kim Suk-Hi
The fund’s donor, Dr. Kim Suk-Hi, is a proud alumni of Yonsei and professor and prominent scholar of international finance at the University of Detroit Mercy. In 1992, he visited Yonsei University as a Fulbright scholar of international finance. He has authored and coauthored more than 14 finance textbooks and 60 referred journal articles. According to an article by Allen Morrison and Andrew lnkpen in the Journal of International Business Studies (1st Quarter 1991), Dr. Kim is considered one of the top 25 international business researchers of the 1980s.
Dr. Kim created this scholarship in 2002 to help YISS students with outstanding academic achievement in need of financial aid. Thanks to Dr. Kim, many students have received the support needed to be able to achieve their study abroad goals at Yonsei.
- B.A., Yonsei University, 1957 to 1958, Electrical Engineering
- M.A., Yonsei University 1965, Economics
- M.B.A., Pepperdine University
- Ph.D., Finance, St. Louis University
- Summer 2010
Taught Politics and Society of North Korea at the Yonsei International Summer School.
- Summer 1997
Taught International Finance at International Summer Program at Yonsei University
- Spring 1992
A Fulbright Scholar at Yonsei University.
Taught International Finance and Corporate Finance. Conducted several seminars on international finance for Korean business executives.
Junior Research Staff Member of the Industrial Management Research Center at Yonsei University. 윤 석범, 서 재명, and I worked as research assistants for a big project—Korean Farmland Reform—under the direction of late Professors 한 기춘 and 박기혁. I think that the project grant came from the US Agency for International Development.
- Fall and Spring 1964
Served as the only graduate assistant of economics at Yonsei University under the chairman of late Dr. Ki Hyuk Pak (박기혁)
- 1992–2002, The Founder–Editor, Multinational Business Review, published twice annually by the University of Detroit Mercy at that time. Dr. Koo Hyun Jung (정 구현), Professor of International Management at Yonsei University served as the editorial review board member of the journal. Now this journal is published four times annually by Emerald in the United Kingdom.
- 2005–2013, Founder–Editor, North Korean Review (NKR), published twice annually by McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers in North Carolina. In January 2013, I turned over the major editorial responsibility of NKR to the Institute for North Korean Studies at Yonsei University, but I sitill continue to serve as the founding editor of the journal under the MOU for our creditorship
- Established a scholarship at Yonsei Internarial Summer School when Professor Woo Sik Kim (김우식) was the president of Yonsei University and contributed more money to the scholarship once a while.
- Served as the president of Yonsei Alumni Association-Michigan Chapter.