Are meal plans included in the dormitory fees?

No meal plan is included in the dormitory fees. However, please contact the Office of international House for detailed information. 

Do you have pass/non pass grades?

All summer transcripts are recorded with letter grades. The Internship Program is an exception and it is evaluated by Pass or Non-pass.

How many courses can I take?

You may take up to three classes (two classes minimum). Some exchange students may take up to four classes depending on the bilateral agreements. 

Can I take only one class?

No, the minimum course load is two courses (6 credits).

How many hours will be conducted per course?

For six-week courses, classes meet two class hours (100 minutes) each day (three class hours for Korean Language classes), four days a week (Mon ~ Thurs), for 6 weeks (46 in-class hours per course, 69 for Korean Language Course).
For four-week courses, classes meet three class hours (150 minutes) each day , four days a week (Mon ~ Thurs), for 4 weeks (46 in-class hours per course).

Do you only accept original copies of transcripts?

Please upload the official transcript or E-transcript when you fill out the online application form.

How can students find out about their admission results?

All communications will be made primarily by email. Please check your email and register online for any updates and notices. If there is a problem with communications, please call the International Summer School Office (82-2-2123-3535, 3985). 

I submitted all the required documents and meet the requirements for admission, but I have not received any acceptance notices.

If you meet all the requirements and submitted all your documents, you will be notified of your admission decision within two weeks by email. However, if you have not paid your application fee, documents will be on hold until the payment is completed. Please make sure your application fee is paid to ensure timely processing of your documents.

Can I apply for the Summer Program through an Exchange Program?

Yonsei University has bilateral agreement with 600 universities worldwide. Some of these exchange agreements cover the International Summer School program. If you want to attend the International Summer School as an exchange student, please inquire and apply through your home university. 

I have already graduated from a four-year university. Am I eligible to apply?

No. However, if your graduation date is after June of 2021, you may still be considered for admission.

Can I take only online classes?

Yes, you can take only online classes offered in the 4-week if you want to. 

However, please note that if you take only online classes you won't be able to get the Visa documents for the student VISA (D-2-8). Even if you have received the documents, if you change to only online courses, please note that the issued VISA documents will be cancelled and you will lose the VISA effectiveness.


Please contact the WAY office if you have further inquiries: summer@yonsei.ac.kr

What if my prior semester's grade was not included in the transcript?

If the most recent semester (i.e. spring 2020)’s grades are not yet included in the transcript, we will still accept current transcripts for the admission.


When can I receive my grades from the summer school?

As we are sending e-Trasncript to the university, your institution will be able to receive the soft-copy version of your transcript around 2 weeks after the program is over.

Additional copies of transcripts can be requested for a fee from the YISS office. Note that it's the student's responsibility to provide a correct e-mail/ mail address.  

I am a non-Korean citizen. What kind of visa do I need?

If your home country has a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea, you can enter Korea and stay up to 90 days without a visa. However, please check: http://www.immigration.go.kr/immigration_eng/index.do as immigration policies are changing quickly amid the COVID-19 situation. If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Korea, then we will issue the necessary documents for your visa application (D-2-8). For details regarding visa requirements or application, please consult your local Korean Embassy or visit Korea Visa Portal (https://www.visa.go.kr/).